Submit this under “bizarre news of the day.” A Washington lady was forced to go to the health center after she positioned with a poisonous octopus connected to her face to attempt and win a photo competition.
As initially reported by KIRO 7 news, Jamie Bisceglia took the fateful image on August 2nd at a Tacoma Narrows fishing derby. Some fishermen she fulfilled up with had actually hooked the octopus, and she chose to take a picture with it connected to her face for the derby’s image contest. “It was a picture contest in the derby,” she informed the news station. “So, insane me, hindsight now and looking back, I probably made a huge mistake.”
Once the octopus had actually acquired her face with its tentacles, it bit her in the cheek two times, injecting venom that left Bisceglia in “extraordinary discomfort.” Her face inflated and, after 2 days of holding out in the hopes that the pain or swelling might fade, she lastly went to the ER.
Bisceglia definitely discovered a valuable lesson– one that will stay with her for at least a couple months. She was provided 3 various prescription antibiotics, however informs KIRO 7, “I’m still in discomfort.” Worse yet, doctors inform her the swelling can “come and go … for months.” A significant price to spend for the chance to win a local photo contest …
( through New York Post)